Are you looking for a fun way to reveal the gender of your baby? Why not try a gender reveal cake? There are many different ways to do this and endless possibilities. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Not just any cake, but gender reveal cake. There are many ways you can reveal the gender of your baby at the party, and cutting the cake is one of the most popular. For some other ideas, you can check our article here.
I did all the hard work for you and PINned my heart out to find some of the best picks for gender reveal cake ideas for your party.
Gender Reveal Cake Ideas: How to Pick the Right One
- Your cake selection, of course, depends on the number of people attending – if you have a large crowd, sticking with something more simple – structure-wise – will be the best option. For smaller gatherings, you can go with something more elaborate.
- Gender reveal cakes hide the sweet surprise inside, and there are plenty of filling or color options to reveal the great news. Some cakes are filled with colored smarties or another filling, while most stick to a simple color tone through the inside of the cake.
- When ordering your cake at the bakery, make sure you tell them how you’re using it, so they’re cautious when working with the color on the inside to ensure traces of it don’t make it to the outside.
- Are you team blue or pink? If you’re playing the betting game, sticking to the traditional pink and blue colors on the outside of the cake will be a perfect choice.
- Last but not least, the cake also has to taste amazing too! Even if you’re using coloring on the inside, you can choose any flavor you like.
If you’re baking the cake yourself, focus on those with a simple interior design. Elaborate cakes are hard to pull off and may look different from the pictures. And the last thing you want on your special day is a crisis in the kitchen.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. The Classic Pink and Blue Cake
This is perhaps the most traditional way to reveal the gender of your baby with a cake:
- Bake or order a white or vanilla cake and frost it with pink or blue buttercream frosting.
- Decorate with matching colored sprinkles, candles, or other decorations.
- When it’s time to cut the cake, everyone can see if it’s pink or blue!
2. The Piñata Cake
For a fun twist on the classic cake, try making or ordering a piñata cake! These cakes are usually decorated with all pink or all-blue decorations outside. Then, when it comes time to cut into the cake, colorful confetti or streamers will spill out, revealing the baby’s gender. This is sure to be a fun and festive reveal!
3. The Ombre Cake
Ombre cakes are decorated with frosting in gradient colors, usually going from light to dark. For example, for a gender reveal ombre cake, you can use pink and blue frosting or have one color on the outside and another on the inside. Either way, when you cut the cake, everyone can see what color is inside!
You May Also Enjoy:
- 6 Gender Neutral Baby Shower Themes to Celebrate the Little One
- How To Throw A Perfect Lil Pumpkin Baby Shower
- How to Throw a Halloween-Themed Baby Shower
- 26 DIY Under the Sea Mermaid Party Ideas
- 18 Easy DIY Woodland Fairy Garden Party Décor Ideas
Whatever route you choose with your gender reveal cake, have fun with it! This is a special moment you’ll remember for years, so make sure it’s something you’ll enjoy looking back on. Who knows – maybe even your future child will want to see pictures of their gender reveal cake someday!
Leave a Reply