Looking for easy and fun animal cake tutorials? These animal cakes are simply adorable and perfect for newbies!
Turning these favorite animals into buttercream cakes has become a serious obsession!
The best part of cake decorating is that cake is a blank canvas, and there is no right or wrong way. Cake trends are continually changing, but these animal cakes are personally my favorites, and I’ll never get tired of seeing. Just have fun with it!
Today we are talking about animal cakes and how they are perfect for beginner bakers. These 5 animal cakes tutorials are packed full of recipes, tools, and tips for success as well as actionable steps so you can recreate these cake creations at home.
The following animal cake tutorials include a Llama, Hedgehog, Unicorn, Fox, and Reindeer. There’s an animal cake that works with every season so you can celebrate all year round.
You can choose to make one or make all five cakes. Either way, you’ll have a great time and become a more confident baker with every animal cake!
Tips for success:
- Read through all the ingredients and instructions so you can get a better idea of how much time and what you need to make these cake.
- I highly recommend making the cakes taller, so when you are creating the face of each animal cake, it’s in portion to everything else.
- If you are in a rush for time or you would like to break up the decorating, then make the fondant decorations the day before, so the fondant has plenty of time to dry.
- You can bake the cake layers ahead of time. Wrap the cake layers in plastic wrap and freeze up to one month.
- You can make the buttercream a day ahead and refrigerate it overnight. Then take them out to come back to room temperature. Make sure the buttercream is at room temperature before re-whipping.
- A single batch of this cake recipe makes three, 6-inch round cake layers or two 8-inch round cake layers. Double the cake recipe to make enough cake batter for three, 8-inch cake layers.
- Be careful not to overmix this cake batter, or else the cake will come out dense. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Food coloring gets darker over time, so it’s best to gradually add the food coloring, which is best for lighter colors.
- Serve cake at room temperature.
Here’s how to make these animal buttercream cakes for beginner bakers!
Let’s Get Decorating!
1. Llama Cake
Learn how to make your cool Llama cake with this easy and fun tutorial! Llama cakes have taken over our Instagram and Pinterest feeds and has become the new unicorn cake. Whether you are throwing a llama birthday party or want to create a cool llama cake for fun, this tutorial is for you!
Get the recipe here Llama Cake
2. Hedgehog Cake
Learn how to make this adorable Hedgehog birthday cake with easy, actionable steps! You’ll be introduced to craving cakes and creating different shapes out of cake. I’m so excited to teach you how to use a grass piping tip and turn it into fur for the Hedgehog. The fur buttercream is made up of three different colors, ivory, chocolate brown, and white. All three colors are placed in the same piping bag, so the fur colors become mixed and have a much more organic look to it!
Get the recipe here Hedgehog Cake
3. Magical Unicorn Cake
Do you ever wonder how the professional bakers make the beautiful unicorn cake? It is so much easier than you think, any newbie baker can make a unicorn cake! To achieve the magical unicorn cake, it doesn’t take much, just a little creativity and a lot of glitter, edible glitter that is!
Get the recipe here Magical Unicorn Cake
4. Woodland Fox Cake
Learn how to make a trendy Woodland Fox Cake with this easy and fun tutorial! I’ll show you exactly how to make Woodland Fox cake at home that’s perfect for the fall season, baby showers, and birthdays. I’ll teach you basic cake decorating techniques like smoothing the sides of your cake and making a buttercream flower crown. These skills will help you become a better cake decorator!
Get the recipe here Woodland Fox Cake
5. Reindeer Cake
Learn how to make this beautiful Reindeer cake that’s perfect for the holidays! In this cake tutorial, you’ll learn step by step how to make this reindeer buttercream cake at home. My favorite part is teaching you how to make simple fondant and chocolate decorations that make this cake come to life. It’ll be easy to celebrate Christmas with this adorable Reindeer Cake.
Get the recipe here Reindeer Cake
Bonus: Cute Fat Unicorn Cake
This Unicorn Cake is perfect for any celebration, birthday, or just because it’s Friday! Learn how to make this unicorn cake easily at home. Use these cake decorating tips and tricks to create your own fat unicorn cake. This fondant unicorn is laying upon a vanilla buttercream cake that is hand piped with rosettes.
Get the recipe here Cute Fat Unicorn Cake
Adorable Teddy Bear Cake
Are you looking for a quick and easy teddy bear cake tutorial? Then this is the cake tutorial for you! I’ll show you how to make simple fondant decorations for the features of the teddy bear and use a small star piping tip to make the buttercream fur. There is nothing cuter than an animal cake, and this teddy bear cake is my new obsession! Here’s how to make this simply adorable teddy bear cake!
Get the recipe here Adorable Teddy Bear Cake
You May Also Enjoy:
- Adorable Teddy Bear Cake That’s Perfect for the Crafty Mom (tutorial)
- Common Baking Mistakes & How to Avoid Them (free ebook)
- How to Decorate Your First Cake (free course)
- Cake Decorating for Beginners (online course)
- Cake Decorating Tool Kit (24-piece kit with free shipping)
Each animal cake has its personality, and that’s what makes cake decorating so unique, each cake can be so different, but the skills and techniques used are the same. These animal cakes are perfect for any occasion, whether its a birthday, baby shower or a holiday, it’ll surely be a celebration!
Hey, if you liked this tutorial, you really should check out, Cake Decorating Creator Program, my online cake course. I coach you on everything I teach on these cake tutorials so that you can uplevel your baking and decorating skills. We 10x it so you get the results you want most. Like any new skill, it’s important to learn from the ground up to build a foundation, so take on any cake challenge. It is an investment your future self will thank you for. Check it out at XOKatieRosario.com/online-cake-course. I will see you there.
Watch The How-to Video Below:
Pin it! Save it for later!
Leave a Reply