Learn how to make these Thanksgiving Inspired Cakes for a happy holiday.
Some of the best things about the fall season are pumpkin spice lattes, warm spiced candles, cozy blankets, and delicious food. These adorable fall cakes will make a beautiful addition to any Thanksgiving table!
You’ll find Thanksgiving-inspired cakes like a pumpkin spice Turkey Cake, Caramel Apple Cake, Autumn Painted Buttercream Cake and clever Pumpkin Patch Cakes that’s basically edible art.
The best part about these cakes is that they not only look like a show-stopping centerpiece but they are freaking delicious!
Tips for Success:
- Read through all the ingredients and instructions so you can get a better idea of how much time and what you need to make this cake.
- In some of these cake recipes, you’ll need 1 cup buttermilk; if you don’t have any buttermilk on hand, you can easily use 1 cup whole milk mixed with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar to make your own.
- To make cake flour at home, mix 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour and ¼ cup cornstarch. Sift or whisk together to get rid of any lumps.
- Be careful not to overmix this cake batter, or else the cake will come out dense. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- In this cake recipe, you can make the caramel milk, soft caramel, and apple pie filling ahead of time. Keep in airtight containers for up to one week.
- You can bake the cake layers ahead of time. Wrap the cake layers in plastic wrap and freeze up to one month.
- You can make the buttercream a day ahead and refrigerate it overnight. Then take them out to come back to room temperature. Make sure the buttercream is at room temperature before re-whipping.
- Serve at room temperature and use a hot knife to get clean cake slices.
Here’s how to make these stunning Thanksgiving-inspired cakes!
Let’s Get Decorating!
1. Big Pumpkin Spice Cake
Sweater weather & this pumpkin spice cake is perfect for Fall! This pumpkin spice cake is made with soft pumpkin spice cake layers & creamy vanilla buttercream that’s decorated to look like a pumpkin you might find at your local pumpkin patch. This pumpkin spice cake is perfect for all fall celebrations and something that will undoubtedly impress your friends & family.
Get the recipe at Big Pumpkin Spice Cake by KatieRosario.com
2. Thanksgiving Turkey Cake
One of the best things about the fall season is pumpkin spice everything. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice candles, and pumpkin spice cakes! This Thanksgiving Turkey Cake is made with fluffy pumpkin spice cake layers, rich chocolate ganache, and white chocolate decorations. Learn how to make this fun and festive Thanksgiving Turkey Cake. This adorable Turkey Cake will make a beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving table!
Get the recipe at Thanksgiving Turkey Cake by KatieRosario.com
3. Caramel Apple Cake
Learn how to make this insanely delicious Caramel Apple Cake. Kick-off apple season with this delicious Caramel Apple Cake! A caramel cake made with apple pie filling, paired with caramel buttercream and caramel drizzle. This Caramel Apple Cake has a beautiful balance of sweet, salty, and full of warm fall spices.
Get the recipe at Caramel Apple Cake by KatieRosario.com
4. Pumpkin Pie Cake
Learn how to take your pumpkin pie “cake” to the next level. This Pumpkin Pie Cake is a creative spin on the traditional pumpkin pie that you’re friends and family will devour! It’s made with pumpkin spice cake, no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling, buttery pie crust, and vanilla buttercream. Here’s a fall-inspired cake that will have you craving a Thanksgiving pumpkin pie!
Get the recipe at Pumpkin Pie Cake by KatieRosario.com
5. Woodland Fox Cake
Learn how to make a trendy Woodland Fox Cake with this easy and fun tutorial! I’ll show you exactly how to make Woodland Fox cake at home that’s perfect for the fall season, baby showers and birthdays! I’ll teach you basic cake decorating techniques that will help you become a better cake decorator! You’ll also make a colorful buttercream flower crown to complete this woodland fox cake!
Get the recipe at Woodland Fox Cake by KatieRosario.com
6. Autumn Painted Buttercream Cake
Learn how to make this insanely beautiful Autumn Painted Buttercream Cake. Painted buttercream has to be my newest cake obsession. This cake trend is so beautiful and fun to make at home. This Autumn Painted Buttercream Cake is made with light and fluffy vanilla cake layers and creamy vanilla buttercream. Here’s how to make this Autumn Painted Buttercream Cake!
Get the recipe at Autumn Painted Buttercream Cake by KatieRosario.com
7. Apple Pie Cake
Learn how to make this Apple Pie Cake with this easy tutorial! Now you don’t have to choose between a cake or a pie because you can so easily have them together. This apple pie cake recipe will soon become a crowd favorite. This apple pie cake is perfect for Thanksgiving.
Get the recipe at Apple Pie Cake by KatieRosario.com
You May Also Enjoy:
- Common Baking Mistakes & How to Avoid Them (free training)
- Cake Planning Checklist (freebie)
- How to Decorate Your First Cake (free course)
- Cake Decorating for Beginners (online course)
I’m so excited to see your Thanksgiving cake creations. Please feel free to email me here at email@example.com with any questions you may have; I’ll be happy to help!
P.S. Hey, if you liked this tutorial, you really should check out Cake Decorating for Beginners, my online cake program. I coach you on everything I teach on these cake tutorials so that you can uplevel your baking and decorating skills. We 10x it so you get the results you want most. Like any new skill, it’s important to learn from the ground up to build a foundation so that you can take on any cake challenge. It is an investment your future self will thank you for. Check it out at XOKatieRosario.com/online-cake-course. I will see you there!